2023 Exhibition Refresh
Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives (PAMA) is bringing an exciting new vision to its museum with the first refresh of its core exhibitions since 2012.
The new exhibitions will stay true to the museum’s primary purpose – to share the stories of the Peel Region. Using the guiding principle “Nothing About Us, Without Us”, the revamped galleries will bring an even stronger focus to the people and communities of Peel.
What does this mean for visitors?
Over the next year, the PAMA museum and art gallery will launch three brand-new core exhibitions that highlight objects from its permanent collection, many of which will be on view for the first time. The introduction of more hands-on and technology-driven activities throughout the museum galleries will provide a host of new ways for visitors of all ages to be inspired and make connections to the Region’s past and present.
PAMA core exhibition reopening schedule:
- Behind the Bars: The History of the Peel County Jail will feature new research and stories from the jail’s 100+ year history, plus interactive learning stations.
- Yours to Discover: Sights/Sites of Peel Region will explore Peel Region’s landscape through artworks from PAMA’s permanent collection and digital mapping.
- Stories of Home: Community and Belonging in Peel is a new exhibition that will forefront personal stories and engaging activities about Peel’s settlement and immigration history.
- Move/Build/Grow will consider how businesses, artists and industry have made an indelible impact on the landscape and history of Peel.
- Beginning in 2023 an Indigenous Advisory Committee will be working to redevelop and reposition a new exhibition centring Indigenous voices, culture and history, opening in late 2024
In addition to a wealth of programs and events for children, youth and adults,
PAMA has a full exhibition schedule for visitors to enjoy in 2023:
- On now - April 10 - Facing Claude Cahun and Marcel Moore
- On now - May 14 - We Are Hockey
- On now - May 31 - UN/COVERINGS: Mennonite & Muslim Women's Heads and Hearts
- Opening Feb. 18 - Peel County Jail
- Opening Feb. 18 - Generations Lost: Healing the Legacy of Residential Schools
- Opening April 1 - Sikh Heritage Month Community Exhibition - Celebrating 10 Years”
- Opening April 29 - Pamila Matharu: SOME TOTAL
- Opening April 29 - ਸ਼ੀਸ਼ੇ ‘ਚ ਤਰੇੜ | sheeshe ‘ch thareṛ | a crack in the mirror
- Opening June 3 - Iron Willed: Women in STEM
- Opening Sept. 30 - Floating: Amanda McCavour and Jannick Deslauriers
- Opening late fall - Our Voices, Our Journeys: Black Communities in Peel
Infrastructure Canada Funding Programs - HVAC Remediation Projects
Your Tax Dollars at Work - HVAC upgrades at PAMA