The Peel Art Gallery Museum and Archives (PAMA) accepts exhibition proposals for the art gallery and museum on an ongoing basis. For information on partnering with PAMA for workshops, programs or events, please visit Partnering with PAMA. If you are a member of an art or historical organization, professional artist, curator or researcher and wish to submit a proposal, please consider the following:
Email submissions are preferred and should include, as attachments or single PDF document:
- Cover letter (or in body of the email) with a brief introduction, bio and rationale for presenting your proposal to PAMA
- 1-page description of the exhibition (i.e., subject matter, participating artist(s), guest curated or developed by a PAMA curator, an existing body of work or creation of new work, etc.)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of all individuals involved in the exhibition
- Samples of artwork or representative subject matter with a list of works that include, maker name, title of the work, date(s) of production, medium and dimensions.
- For images, include up to 15 JPGs or a link to view on an external site
- For video and/or audio, provide links for viewing up to 15 minutes of material such as artist website, Vimeo or YouTube and include passwords if required
- Other related materials such as recent publications or reviews
There is no deadline to submit exhibition proposals. You will be contacted only if your proposal is being considered for exhibition.
Please email proposals to the appropriate curatorial team with subject line “Exhibition Proposal-Art Gallery” or “Exhibition Proposal-Museum" at:
- Art Gallery: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Museum: email@example.com.
Hardcopy submissions may be mailed to:
Curator, Art (or Curator, Museum)
Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives
9 Wellington Street East,
Unsolicited materials delivered to PAMA by mail will not be returned unless a self-addressed stamped enveloped is provided (SASE). If no SASE is provided your materials will either be kept on file or otherwise discarded. PAMA is not liable for the contents of mailed submissions.