Become a Volunteer
We are excited to announce that Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives (PAMA) is now taking applications for our Youth Council.
Vision Statement: The PAMA Youth Council will provide refreshing and inspired guidance that supports and empowers local youth to become great leaders and will encourage community connectivity through Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives. The Youth Council will enable youth to share their stories and build community through exhibitions and programming for youth by youth.
What is a Youth Council? The Council is a diverse group of young people who will create, participate and support a variety of projects and initiatives. This is a collaborative partnership between youth and PAMA staff.
Why PAMA’s Youth Council?
- Volunteer hours
- Letter of recommendation
- Access to mentorship and guidance
- Access to the Art Gallery, Museum and Archive
- Opportunities for connections and engagement
- The Youth Council Term will run from October 2023 until May 2024
Requirements to Join
- We are looking for 10 to 15 individuals between the ages of 16 – 21
- Must be able to make a 7-month commitment
- Must live or go to school in the Region of Peel
Are you interested in joining?
- Fill out this short application and email it to PAMA Education.
- You will be asked:
- Name and contact information
- Parent/guardian name and contact information (if under 18)
- Name of school and grade level
- Why you are interested in being on the council
- What skills and experience you would bring to the council
- PAMA will be looking to recruit youth with different experiences and interests. Please apply before September 15, 2023.
What to Expect
- The Youth Council will launch in October 2023 with an orientation meeting
- The group will meet monthly or as needed either virtually or at PAMA
- The Youth Council will collaborate with PAMA staff on projects and initiatives
- Social and creative outlets
- Working in collaboration with youth to create youth-based programming
- Some projects might include: community art projects, PAMA special events (Family Day, March Break, summer programs) or Youth Week activities
- Get in touch with us at email@example.com