Frequently Asked Questions
Do the Art Studio Workshops include a tour?
- Our Art Studio Workshops are 1.5 hours and do not include a tour of the art gallery. If you would like to add a quick tour, please request an Add on Tour for a 30 minute guided tour.
Can I bring my students for a full day?
- Absolutely! You can mix and match a Tour (2 hours) with an Art Studio Workshop (1.5 hours) to build a full day experience. This also includes a 30 minute break for lunch in one of our spaces.
What are your start times?
- We start onsite programs at 9:30 or 10:00 a.m. We are flexible with outreach start times.
How do I know what will be on exhibit/display on my chosen date?
- PAMA has temporary Art Gallery and Museum exhibitions throughout the year. We also have a number of permanent, collection based, exhibitions that do not change.
Take a look at our Exhibition page to see what’s on during your desired dates.
Please note, we do occasionally have exhibit closures throughout the year that affect our tours during change overs.
How many students can I bring?
- Each Education Team member can take up to 30 students. At the current time, we can accommodate 2 classes with up to 60 students, not including teachers and adult supervisors.
How many adult volunteers should I bring?
- PAMA school programs are delivered by our trained Education Team. You will have Educator for up to 30 students. The classroom teacher must supervise students at all times along with adult supervisors.
We recommend the following ratios:
JK/SK = 5 to 1
Grades 1 – 3 = 8 to 1
Grades 4 – 6 = 10 to 1
Grades 7 – 8 = 15 to 1
Grades 9 – 12 = 1 adult for group
We kindly ask that all teachers and adult supervisors actively participate and assist during the programs.
What do I need to have ready to book?
- Please see our School Program page in the Booking a Tour or Workshop section.
Will I receive information before my visit?
- Yes! You will receive a Program Confirmation Letter after your program has been confirmed. Please review all information prior to your visit and share it with other teachers that will be visiting.
You will also receive a Teacher Information Package that will help prepare students and volunteers for the visit. It includes more information on the program booked, vocabulary as well as pre and post program activity ideas.
If you do not receive these items via email, please contact us and let us know.
What will happen in the even of Bus Cancellation/Inclement weather?
- If busses or schools are cancelled/closed on your program date, the program will be rescheduled at no extra cost. A PAMA staff member will contact you to reschedule the date.
This also applies to outreach school program bookings.
What if I need to cancel or change my program?
- Cancellations, rescheduling and changes to class sizes must be done two weeks prior to visit.
How do we dress for a visit?
- Our Studio Art Workshops have the potential to get a little messy. We advise students and volunteers to come prepared to get a little paint in them. Most materials will wash off and all materials are non-toxic.
Where do we park the bus upon arrival?
- PAMA has a designated “Group Entrance” on Wellington Street East (please do not stop the bus on Main Street or enter the parking lot).
We have a bus bay right on Wellington street where the bus can unload the group. The bus bay can fit two busses if needed. The bus cannot park there, it is just for unloading and then for pick up at the end of your program.
You can then lead the students into the Group Entrance doors where your Educator and Front Desk staff will greet you.
How do I pay?
- You will be asked for a 25% deposit upon booking to confirm your program. When you arrive you will pay the remainder at the front desk.
As soon as you arrive the Educator will start to welcome the students and divide the group (if there are more than 30 students). You will be asked to go to the front desk, provide them with the number of students present (teachers and volunteers are free). Payment must be completed in full at that time. Cheques can be made out to Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives. We also accept major credit cards.
Arrangements for an invoice will be made for outreach programs.
What if we arrive late or need to leave early?
- We will do our best to work within the time you have. Our professional Educators will adjust your program accordingly. If you do need to leave earlier than your confirmed time, please let us know as soon as you arrive so our team can adjust plans.
Can we eat lunch at PAMA?
- Yes! Let us know upon booking that you require a lunch spot and we will make proper arrangements. Please note, while we strive to be a nut free facility, we are a public space, therefore cannot guarantee.
PAMA does not have food or dink for sale on site. All visitors must bring their own lunches.
Food and drinks are not permitted in the Art Gallery or Museum spaces, just the lunchroom. We do have water fountains and bottle refill stations.
Can we take pictures?
- Photography at PAMA is welcome in the museum, no flash photography. Photography is not permitted in the art gallery. Also, feel free to take pictures while students are making their art during a studio workshop. Recording the PAMA Educators is not permitted.
If you have a question that is not found here, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com